Saturday, July 7, 2012

the journey continues + new music

The journey continues... I'm in Barcelona now.. It was a crazy long journey getting here.. I had found a good priced ticket from Bangkok to Barcelona and at the time thought it was a good idea to go for it.. after that journey though, I think I may pay a little more next time.. I stayed up all night on the full moon of July 3 and left my beautiful Balinese villa at 3 in the morning.. It had been a long stressful day, not knowing until 10pm if my jewelry would be finished or not.. Holding on to the faith that it would, it was, and I ran home to finish up my last minute things.. Returning my scooter, organizing what I was going to leave in Bali and what I would take with me, packing etc.. Deta, my friend and driver arrived at 3am and we drove to the airport.. Day 1 of no sleep.. I flew to Singapore and spent a couple of hours in the airport and then got to Bangkok in the late afternoon that day.. For some reason, I decided to take the train and try to find my guesthouse by foot.. I did.. but it was feat and I was super tired and super sweaty.. I hunkered down in my dingy room and pondered my next move.. Food and a massage.. Not all bad.. One night in Bangkok has it's benefits, for sure.. As i was getting my 'foot massage' it started to pour rain and as I walked out the door I wobbled my relaxed feet back in the warm tropical downpour.. ahhhh.. Refreshing actually.. Went to bed early not really knowing what time or day it was and set my alarm for 5:30am, got up, showered and took a taxi to the airport. From there I flew 8 hours to Moscow, spent 4 hours in the airport and took another 4 hours flight to Barcelona.. phew.. Talk about long haul.. so many days.. no sleep and little food.. but i love it..

I got to my sweet little hostal in Barcelona and had the best room in the place overlooking a beautiful plaza. I arrived at midnight and decided I had to have a glass of spanish wine (who needs sleep when there is good wine?).. So I went downstairs to the hopping restaurant and sat alone and drank a glass of wine. The table next to me was full of people and they invited me to join.. So i did.. turns out they were musicians.. We connected and shared our music with one another.. I love that, wherever you go in the world, there is always music.. And it is such a magical way to come together.. They inspired me to get my music out there.. Some of you may not know, but I sing and perform and write music.. So.... I just put one song up on Soundcloud, check it out here and let me know what you think (and if you like it share it with others)... I recorded this with my friend in Bali in April..


Today is my second day in Barcelona.. I am with some friends and we are going to the beach.. After 7 months in Asia, Barcelona is a perfect transition for me being back in the west.. A little Mediterranean sunshine, yummy food and beautiful people and good friends. 

No comments: