Monday, May 16, 2011

day 7. pizza, cocktails and pie. what more can I say?

The weekend was by far the hardest part of the cleanse so far. Here is a glimpse of my weekend of self discipline...

Two years ago, we built a cobb, wood fired pizza oven in our back yard. We share this space and the oven with our neighbors. And I'd have to say (no biased of course), we make the best, totally kick ass amazing pizzas in it.. And I love pizza.. The oven was fired up and a party commenced in my backyard on Friday. Unfortunately, this is a no pizza kind of cleanse.So, I ran away and went out to eat with friends, although, while they had cocktails and wine and other amazing delicacies, I munched on leafy greens with a half smile on my face (I realize I am choosing to do this cleanse. It doesn't mean, it's easy to watch others eat pure yumminess).

Saturday.. My mother in law was visiting and we had a rare sunny day. So, we decided to walk down to Pike Place Market. It just happened to be Seattle Cheese Fest.. Are you fucking kidding me?? Cheese fest?? I love cheese, I am from Wisconsin. Anyway, while they were running with joy to each booth sampling the mouth watering perfection of cheese, I very casually stepped aside and people watched. It wasn't so hard, but it was annoying watching Steven leap from one booth to the next exclaiming the wonderful sensation and flavor in his mouth.

Saturday night.. We had dinner at our friends house. It was super fun and all the food was eatable for me.. Then the dessert came. chocolate mousse cream pie. did you read that? chocolate mousse cream pie. made in a pie shop. sigh.. Yes, that is what I did as I watched my 6 table partners savor the mouth watering sweetness of all good ingredients combined.

Sunday. Rain.. We went to a movie. It got out just before we had to bring my mother in law to the airport. So, guess what we did? Went out for pizza. OMFG! Is all I have to say.

You'd think after all that discipline, I could have at least got on the scale this morning with some positive feedback. Oh no, this woman is holding steady.. ugh.

The conclusion is that being a hermit, making my own food at home is a much simpler way for me to do this cleanse. Going out to eat, not so much fun. But I'm sure I'll do it all over again next weekend.

1 comment:

Shelley said...

oooooh, tough tempting weekend, but good job hanging in there! you'll feel great after cleansing and the pizza will always be there next time ;) sending you a big hug beautiful girl xo