Monday, December 20, 2010

dreaming of... India

I know it's right before Christmas and I should really be trying to get you to buy my jewelry (so, if you would like some beautiful amazing handmade jewelry click here), but my mind is in India..

You see, I've been invited by my goldsmith teacher's family to perform at their annual village temple festival, in a remote area of S. India. Last year they invited me also and it was a whole mind and body opening experience for me. One of those things that really changed my life. So much fear pulsed through my body as I was getting ready to perform in front of 500 people. I sat on the stage hiding behind the curtain,w hich then went up and poof... the anxiety disappeared and I sang and played my heart out. You can read all about it here and here. It really was an amazing experience.



And, I am thinking about it now, because, like I said, they invited me back, but I am arriving in India on the day of the festival and I am feeling sad and trying to figure out if I can change my ticket to get there, even one day earlier so I can make it half way across India to the remote village and sing sing sing to Krishna and the people of Adikadilye!

Oh, I hope it works out!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i know this feeling, i do MISS INDIA so much

karazi design said...

it is a place of such amazing and intense beautiful energy.