Thursday, January 28, 2010

Your wish has been granted…

About a week ago, Balan said to me… ”Samia, you sing Bhajan at our festival”. I, said, “no no no”. Their whole family chimed in and after a little prodding. I agreed…

Yesterday, Divya said to me, “Samia come, we go to the temple.” I said, “Why?” She then went on to tell me we had to ask some board members of the temple if I could sing at their big yearly gathering. I thought to myself, that is weird, I had been thinking they already had asked and it was all set up.

So, we walked to the temple and I asked her what she was going to say. She told me she was going to tell them it is my wish (my wish, yes me, samia’s wish) to sing to Krishna at their temple festival. I told her no, it is your wish… She said, “yes yes Samia, it is our wish, but we will tell them it is your wish.”

We walked through the palm forest and up the little roads to the temple. There were 2 men there. The girls spoke with them telling them about “my wish to pray to Krishna (sing to the people about Krishna)”. They went back and forth for about 5 minutes and then we left. I asked Divya what they said and I guess the guy they spoke with said, if it was up to him it would be ok, but he had to run it by the other board members and we should come back tomorrow (which was today)…

This morning we walked back to the temple, we spoke with another man, we went into the temple to pray to Krishna, Ganapati and Devi… We came back out and the guy said to me…”Madam, your wish has been granted”

I will be singing 2 prayers to Krishna tomorrow night…
At the Adikadalayi Krishna Temple Festival
Kannur District, Kerala, India
Time TBA
Please join me…

2 comments:

Z said...

awesome! I'll be there in spirit

Life.learning.sherab said...

I sort of understand what behind the "your wish" is "my wish" and "your wish has been granted" meaningfulness... (this is not a tongue twister)