Friday, October 15, 2010

travel saga, part 2

BRUCE P won the pissing match..

I flew to Minneapolis, landed, looked at the clock and RAN off the plane, we were late, and my flight to NOLA left in 30 minutes. I ran for 15 minutes solid, making it to the last gate on the opposite side of the airport, just in time to sit down in first class (I had gotten an upgrade... not because of BRUCE P. ,just because.. yay for upgrades). I sat down in my seat, got a glass of wine and as a great surprise a childhood friend walked on, just after me (she must have been stressed too).

My mind shifted into a better space. The flight went quickly, I talked to my friend for a bit and may meet up with her later on this trip.

As we were landing in NOLA, I got a phone call, oops, I forgot to turn my phone off. Steven called me, he was in Memphis and would be in NOLA an hour after me. So, I got off the plane, got my luggage including my in tact (thank god) guitar and waited for him.

He arrived... without his computer... but they did look at the video and saw that he did put it through security... I feel so bad for him.. We took a taxi and went out in the French Quarter.

On a side note.. We got out of the taxi at our hotel and the first thing the man said to me was, "do you speak english?" hhhhmmmm that is a first, in the US.

We had a great evening and even ran into my friend again on Bourbon St.

No comments: