Thursday, October 14, 2010

Bruce P., the asshole, & todays travel saga

Hmmmm…So, it’s the day of departure. Steven and I are on our way to NOLA, but on different flights.

We took the bus, to the train. Steven’s flight left an hour before mine and on the train, he realized his flight actually left 20 minutes before he thought. So, he had to RUN off the train and try to get to his flight, he got on the plane and realized he forgot his computer at security. So, he had to make a quick decision and got off the plane, which unfortunately meant he missed his flight. In the meantime, I had just gone through security and was walking to my gate and realized, I had forgotten my guitar at security…. Shall I say, I think both of our minds were in different places… This is not our normal way of being.

Just as I got my guitar back and was walking back to my gate, again. I get a phone call from Steven, telling me his saga and that he was on his way back to security. So, I turned around, again and went back to security to see if I could get his computer. I couldn’t. We met up after running all over the fricking airport and then realized I had to go to my flight and we were going to see if he could on my flight, without his computer, they just couldn’t find it… OMG… We took the train to the s terminal and talked to the nice woman at the delta desk., but it was 29 minutes before the flight. So, they closed the gate and could not get Steven on the flight… He had to figure out if he could a) get his computer back and b) get to NOLA tonight…He is going for a work meeting!

This is where the asshole, BRUCE P. comes in. I got in line to board and they took my guitar. I have a very very small travel guitar. I have traveled to and all around India with it. I have traveled to Turkey, France, Spain and other places. I have never had to check it. NEVER! It is in a soft case. It is fragile and it is much smaller than the 3 bags some people were bringing on the plane. This dickhead, BRUCE P., would absolutely not let me take my guitar on the plane. Then he wouldn’t even gate check it and then he wouldn’t even let me get it in Minneapolis. He made me check it all the way to NOLA. My small, fragile, travel guitar, in a soft case… So, I got on the jetway to board and was totally BITCHING to the other passengers, the ones with the 3 carry on bags they were not supposed to have. So, this very very nice man, Mr. Smith, an employee of Delta got off the jetway with me to go talk to BRUCE P. and Mr. Smith said he would check his bag for me so I could get my guitar. BRUCE P. kept saying…” I’ve made up my mind, she can not take it on the plane. We can not reverse this decision. I will not go back and forth on this. And will not reverse my decision. It is our policy” (our policy my ass, I’ve traveld on Delta in the past and have not had even an issue) I told him, ‘this is fucking ridiculous.’ He told me to watch my language. Ha, whatever dude… He also told me they are very careful in baggage services and if something happens to my guitar I can make a claim. Great! Just great… if you let me take it on the plane nothing will happen and I won’t have to go through claims process. I seriously don’t understand how this guy has such a power trip. He could have switched my guitar for any one of those too big carry ons that people were carrying on. The carry ons that were not fragile, like my guitar.. He totally didn’t care. WTF???

So, Mr. Smith stayed and talked with him for a while but, he would not budge. Mr. Smith got on the plane after me and gave me Bruce’s name (Bruce would not actually say his last name) and said I should write a letter to the airlines. So, I am going to and I would like you to too…

Gate s4
flight 2214
from Seattle to Minneapolis
October 14, 2010.
Bruce P is a supervisor in Seattle. And he is a total jerk and was not friendly or accommodating at all!!! It's not so much about my guitar as it is about how RUDE he was to me and to Mr. Smith.

click here for a link to write a complaint

So, now, I am on the flight (in flight wi-fi), Steven got a ticket for the next flight to NOLA and will be there an hour after me. Hopefully…. All will work out.

I will keep you updated!

No comments: