Friday, August 6, 2010

Meltdown in Toulouse





I don’t know what happened. We were on location in Toulouse this afternoon shooting a scene outside a ‘fancy’ hotel (and it was fancy). The neighborhood was very very French. Small streets people walking and talking and kissing and sitting at cafes, there were shops all around and a little park in the middle with a carousel and a fountain and people sitting on benches. Oh la la…

Anyway, everyone was talking and because I am the person with the black and white board with all the info about the scene on it, I have to know what part of what scene we are shooting. So, I have to be paying close attention at all times all day and it is taxing, especially when everyone is talking and suddenly we are doing a take and I have no idea where we are because no one informed me, and I didn’t get my nose up into what they were doing (which doesn’t work so well anyway)… So, I yelled, “ EXCUSE ME… WE ALL NEED TO BE COMMUNICATING WITH ONE ANOTHER.” Everyone just looked at me and said, ‘oh, oh we are here we are doing this’ etc… I did that take and for some reason started to cry and I just set the clapper (my apparatus) down and left the set, without telling anyone. I walked around the block and cried. I don’t know why… other than the fact that we’ve all been working intensely together for the last two weeks and I just needed a moment to cry. I came back and everyone was being very kind and sweet to me. And then, I still didn’t want to be there so, I handed my clapper to someone else, ran around the corner to a shop I had seen and bought a really pretty and expensive dress, in about 3 minutes flat… And if you know me, you know that is not my way of doing things. I am slow, at these kind of decisions. I came back to the set, retail therapy happy, and I continued my job.

We had a few more takes, and some scenery shots. So, Steven and I went into a fromage shop (cheese) and bought a bunch of French cheese… it’s mmmmm and stinky.

No comments: