Saturday, August 7, 2010

um.. macarons, not so much





Ok so the last few days, we’ve been on location in the city and there just happens to be 3 patisseries (bakeries) around the corner. I’ve been sneaking away and trying the sweets and oh la la… I’m in love! Today, I tried the famous colorful macarons. And well, I’d have to disagree with Jamie Schler’s romantic and supremely positive article in Huffington Post.
But nonetheless it was fun to try the very French macarons. Colorful fluffy meringue, filled with sweetness. I looked in the case filled with éclairs and pain au lait and fruit tartes and there they were the easter egg colored macarons. I chose framboise (raspberry) and I think this was my mistake, it is filled with raspberry jam and it was so sweet I only took a bite before the sugar high set in. The texture was not to my liking (a light crunch and then sticky goo) and well, they just aren't my choice within the plethora of options. They may need another chance, I may have to try a chocolate one from a different patisserie and see what the result is, but for now, I will stay with the chocolate filled croissants and tarte tatin….

They sure are cute though.

No comments: