Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Coffee in a bowl and Crusaders in the House..




A little bit of chaos this morning, and I don’t know what my job is yet, so I have sneaked away to write. It rained all night, and this morning a beautiful fog with rain is sweeping over the land. I have been enjoying the weather so much, it reminds me of Wisconsin summer although, not as humid, not as hot and no mosquitoes… Kind of perfect!

Each morning we sit out under the large trees and eat our breakfast (except today because of the rain). The breakfast is not so thrilling, but we do engage in a very French activity, which is drinking our morning coffee (tea for me) in a large bowl savoring it, talking and enjoying the magic of caffeine.

Today we are going to the coolest house ever. It is quite old probably around 500 years. Anyway, it is beautiful brick on the outside and old cobb and wood on the inside there are 4 levels and the man who lives has quite the artist eye. It’s one of those houses I would LOVE to live in. It is at the confluence of two rivers and it is said, that during the time of the Crusaders it was used as a lookout because you could see both rivers from the top floor…



Ok, I should go back to see what is happening with all our things and get on the road to shoot.

No comments: