Friday, April 23, 2010

First Class....ticket to paradise.

I made it!!!

Seattle to LA...nothing exciting. I made it to LA and had a 7 hour layover, which I was not looking forward to, just happy I had a flight out.

LA to Paris... The Air France ticket counter was chaos. People had been stuck in LA for days. They let me check in 6 hours before my flight. The lady gave me my boarding passes and she handed me a ticket to the VIP room (the fancy room as my friend calls it).. hmm I thought, that is really nice of them. I get to wait in the VIP room during my super long layover. I looked at my ticket and my seat was 04L. hmmm I thought, that is really close to the front of the plane. So, I went to the fancy room and there were snacks and alcohol and nice chairs and it was quiet and light.. aahhhh... I took out my book and read. The 6 hours went by quickly. It's interesting how my perspective changed when I went back out by the gate. It was crowded with people and loud and messy and I thought, I could really get used to the fancy room.

I boarded the plane with a smirk on my face knowing I was going to be in FIRST CLASS, let me say that again, FIRST CLASS.... aaaaaahhhhhhhhh..... the 10 hour flight to Paris was in a 180 degree reclining super comfy chair, with an electric massager and my own little lamp along with several different adjustments for my comfort, and much more, my own lotion, and cucumbers for my eyes :)... OMG!!! I still can't get the shit eating grin off my face. It was so awesome. Because of the volcano.. you know, the volcano I hated a few days ago. Yes, that one, because of it, they were able to rearrange my frequent flier ticket to any open seat on any plane going to Istanbul and I just happened to call at a moment 04L was available and I got it... So exciting!! I slept the whole way to Paris. comfortably.

Paris to Istanbul... not quite as exciting, although I did sit next to a Turkish national ice hockey player who was on his way home from the World Cup in Mexico.. He was cute too..

Istanbul.. arrived at midnight.. got picked up at the airport, went to hotel and slept..

Istanbul to Antalya.. this morning woke up early and flew to Antalya to meet my husband and be on the beach. He has a conference here and it is in a big hotel on the beach. it's beautiful, the blue blue sea is surrounded by amazing mountains, some of them snow capped. The air is warm, the sky is blue and I am so happy to be here...

5 comments:

Tracy said...

You deserve this one my friend! Enjoy it ALL~~~~~~~and ain't 1st class fun?! ;~D

Boodiba said...

I've never even flown business class!!! Must've been great.

Tracy said...

it's pretty much as good as it gets!

Crissa said...

Princess Samia you are blessed.
So fun to read your stories.

karazi design said...

it was really great.. I walked on the plane and the flight attendant said to me.. Bonjour madame, (may I take your jacket, in french) and even though I get really cold on planes, I still gave her my jacket because, I could... it was so wonderful!! really I still can't believe it!!