Tuesday, March 16, 2010

oh the things you see.

One week back and it all seems like a dream. I was just looking at some photos of some of my yoga friends in India and I was thinking, "if we dressed like that here, we would be so weird." Not that it's bad to be weird, it's just that, it's one of the things I love so much about India. You see things you would NEVER even dream of seeing here.


a renunciate holy man singing to Ram, outside of our hotel. varanasi


a low caste man, in trance manifesting himself as the Goddess Chamundi. he is very revered during this special ceremony called a Theyyam (only in N. Kerala)


monkeys hanging out in the street..well, pretty much everything in this photo, we would not see.. Jaipur


although this is an advert to not do this, a)it is hilarious that there is an advert for such things b)it is a common sight to see 3+ adults (without helmets) riding on motorbikes c) i love that is says "reach alive"... this is in mysore



here are a few more examples:

An ox cart driving downtown next to the buses and cars and motorbikes.

People bathing in public, with all of their clothes on, of course.

a rickshaw filled to the brim with school children


The list goes on forever, and one of my goals, as I am in India, is to try really hard to not get immune to these treasured sights. They are amazing, they keep my mind busy and my heart smiling.

It's great to be back in full on work mode, wearing my jeans and driving in a straight line. I do miss all the color though.. really miss all the color!!

No comments: