Friday, February 12, 2010

Kumar and Mysore






Once again, I've made it to Mysore. I think this is my 7th visit... It is a very special place for me.. It's where I really learned my yoga practice and it's where my long time goldsmithing teacher and good friend, Kumar, lives.

I don't know exactly what it is, but India is one of those places where things just seem to always work out... Like even if you think there is no possible way in hell, then at the last moment everything falls into place. Thus my visit so far. I arrived in Mysore without a place to stay. So, i went for breakfast and someone told me of a man to call. I called him, he picked me up and took me directly to the same house, the same flat and the same room as i rented last year.. oh life..

Kumar... He is doing very well, for those of you long time followers of my blog. He just opened a small jewelry store after over 20 years in a small small shop. We are busy working on lots and lots of jewels including more elis', small ganesha, shiva and lakshmi pendants, small hammered gold bands among many many other pieces. Please tell me if you would like any of these, and I will reserve one for you.

I'm here for about 3 weeks and then move on to Jaipur for more jewelry work.

be true to yourself

xoxoxo

Photos: Kumar's new shop and his old shop. he is splitting time between the two.

No comments: