Tuesday, January 12, 2010

a little slice of paradise!




A few tough days of travel, with a few road blocks on the way, we made it to paradise. We are now in the northern part of Kerala, in the jungle, on the Arabian Sea, hanging out with one of my favorite families in the world, Balan the goldsmith and his family. It is so nice to be in the tropics, hot and humid, surrounded by palm trees and the sea. I am so happy to be here.

And work has started too. We arrived yesterday morning after a long sleepless night on the train, I have a cold too, so I'm a bit stuffed up and couldn't sleep. We dramatically changed climates and are now in 90+ degree weather. I am getting used to it, but I love it.

Today I watched Balan make a beautiful gold belt for babies. He made 3 and it is 2 weeks of hard long work. I am hoping we can make a few lovely items while I am here for 3 weeks.

all is good, except i want my nose and throat to feel better!!

xoxo

1 comment:

Life.learning.sherab said...

I love the language you wrote here -- it's so peaceful! Hope you a wonderful stay at Kerala, and a quick recover from cold! It's good that now I have two friends travelling in India, and I can read both of your blogs. Sangeeta Kumar just added a nice video shot of Ajanta & Ellora Caves, and her blog is www.DustyFootJourney.com -- thought you might want to take a look...