Monday, December 28, 2009

Welcome Welcome Welcome!!!




We made it and yes, we expected the unexpected and it happened. After clearing customs and getting our luggage, we were to have someone picking us up at the airport, but no one was there with our names. I went back through the crowds of people holding signs and again did not see our name. I was thinking to myself... hmmmm I confirmed. I double confirmed they were picking us up... So, I went through the crowd again and saw a small sign with somebody else's name, but our hotel. The man holding the sign made a phone call, found us a driver and we were off to our hotel. Relatively smoothly!

At this point we had been traveling for 24hrs and were now on the other side of the world.. in a time zone 13.5 hours ahead of Seattle, so to our bodies it is 11am, but here it is 12:30 at night.

We hop in the old school ambassador and hope for the best. 5 minutes into our ride, we have to stop for gas. In Delhi all taxi's are required to use natural gas.. So, naturally there was a long taxi line at the gas station and about 30 minutes later we were on the road again... I was getting a little crabby, but remembered, this is what I love about India. I love that no matter what, it is no problem and everything will happen, in time.

5 minutes later, we had a flat tire... Steven and I just laughed, he got out his harmonica and I got out my guitar and we played some music...

Welcome to India!!!

2 comments:

Boat Tinker said...

Sounds like India. Hope you two have a good trip.

Life.learning.sherab said...

Is that man Steven?! hahahaha... and yes, it sounds so like Inida!