Thursday, July 31, 2008

back in the blog world




Well, it's been awhile. I've been busy with a class I'm taking this summer. It's a metalsmithing class and I am making rings and earrings. It has been very fun and I've learned a lot. It takes a lot of my time. So, in addition to the wonderful things in the world of metalsmithing, I have been taking a lot of custom gold orders, I just filled a big order for the Edgewater Hotel giftshop. So, if you are in downtown Seattle, they now have my full line of silver jewelry.

Last week two girlfriends and I went to Victoria, my mission was to find more beautiful ocean polished black basalt for my gold jewelry. Mission was accomplished, along with a great time with my friends. We all had a few ideas of what to do and we did them all in a very short two day trip. We took the ferry up to Victoria through the very beautiful San Juan Islands. Once we arrived, we went to an organic cidery, we walked and walked we went to my little beach to find basalt, we ate out overlooking the strait and the Olympic Mountains and finally we went to Butchart gardens

Hope to see you all soon.

samia

No comments: