Saturday, January 12, 2008

such an auspicious day!!!





Here are a few photos from my trip to Talakadu with Kumar and his family. he made me pose just like that for the photo.

Today was a very auspicious day!!! Since I have been studying and working with him for 5 years, most of my learning is through observation. Today he told me, he is going to teach me how to solder the Indian way!! I am sooooo excited!!! I said," ok, let's start today." He said, "oh no Samia, we must wait for 10 days. I must wait to teach you until the stars are aligned in the correct way. You see, if I start to teach you on the auspicious day when my stars are aligned, it will be good for both of us and you will become a sanatana gotra in the vishwakarma caste."

i am really very honored by this and it is a huge deal for him to be teaching me in this way. Basically, he is formally taking me on as a student and he said, now I will be part of his caste because he is teaching me in the Indian style. this is amazing..

2 comments:

Breathing said...

hey there, i wonder if i missed you by only a few hundred km. I was down in bangalore for a few days. how are things?

karazi design said...

Hi breathing.. do I know you??

s