Friday, November 9, 2007

busy little fingers


Phew!!! Back from vacation and now in full production mode. I've been so busy the last few days making making making for all of my private trunk shows. They are so much fun!!!

My trip to Mexico really inspired me to think about light in a different way. It is so bright there!! :) The sunshine reflecting off the water, the colorful houses and vibrant culture. It is interesting to come back to gray Seattle, now touching darkness at 4:30pm and inherently my jewelry design goes to the subtleties of shadow with a splash of color. Smoky quartz with one olive jade, matted black lava with the opaque and refreshing light blue of amazonite. or even muted sponge coral with it's rusty orangeish red color accented with matted black onyx

As travel takes me to another world, I try to translate my positive and bright experiences into my work even while sitting and working under a lightbulb in the gray zone...

No comments: