Monday, March 5, 2012

a little bit of Melbourne

Woke up early to the kookaburra laughing.. The dawn had not yet risen , the quiet is almost haunting. I am in Australia now. It’s been a few days, and I have smoothly shifted from the full on craziness of India to the stillness of the Australian bush. I’ve spent the last two months running around like crazy, getting ‘so’ much done and now it’s time to relax, to catch up, to breathe the fresh air and listen to the silence… aaaaaaa it’s nice.

Today, though, I decided to go into the city. On the way to the train this morning, I saw my first kangaroo, well actually there were 3. It was a bit dramatic actually because one ran right into the car.. BOOM.. A bit freaky. Everyone was ok. Thank God.

Melbourne. So far, I love it. It’s a nice mix of artistic style and old Victorian architecture, bustling with business people and hip youngsters. It’s super diverse and I feel quite comfortable hiding in the mix, people watching from my bench at the café.

Been walking and walking… Am now sipping a bit of ginger beer on Brunswick St. in Fitzroy.. Kind of reminds me of Williamsburg in Brooklyn (or maybe the way Williamsburg was 5 years ago). Anyway, it’s super cool and I’m liking this city a lot!

No comments: