Monday, October 10, 2011

It's the little things

India! Everyday, I see something I have not seen before. Every moment is filled with creativity. In India they say ‘anything is possible’ and I love it because they believe and it is true. We have such a different mindset in the west. It’s the small things I see here that I love so much.

A man riding his bicycle down the middle of the street cleaning his ear with a Q-tip.
The sparkling sari’s wrapped around gracefully walking women.
Men soldering the finger grips on a pair of scissors.
Eunuchs dressed as women aggressively begging for money.
A horse + buggy, a street sweeping machine, a cow and a bus driving next to each other on the street.
Coconut stands on every corner

The list goes on and on. My point is, there is never a dull moment. Day to day life is full of color, is out in the open and never gets old. India shows me there is a different way to do things, puts a smile on my face and has given me so many blessings!

photos soon.

2 comments:

Jay said...

If only I felt comfortable enough to go out of my house with a Q-tip cleaning my ear! We are so private here and just reading this feels refreshing...

karazi design said...

oh Jay.. when i saw that, it put a huge smile on my face. it was like "of course, I am going to ride my bike and clean my ears at the same time". that is how India is. I love it dearly and like i said, it always shows me a different way to do things.