Wednesday, October 5, 2011

India!!

I made it. Again. Although this time it is somehow different. It’s my 10th time to India. I’ve spent 2 years of my life here. I love it so much!

My luggage didn’t arrive, so I have to deal with that today in my jetlagged haze, it’s not that big of a deal, other than my sunglasses. I had a premonition before I left to switch my sunglasses to a different bag, I forgot and alas the suitcase with my sunglasses didn’t arrive. So, after, an hour or so at the airport talking with the Air France representative and the customs dude, I walked out to the crowd of people waiting and saw my name “Welcome Samia Shalabi” We walked to the car and off we went at 1 in the morning. After 40 hours of travel 3 more were small peanuts.

At 4 am we arrived at the hotel. We knocked on the gate, blew the horn and knocked some more. No one came. We continued. And suddenly a nice young man came to open the gate. I’m staying at the Green Hotel, it’s my first time staying here. I’ve been eating here since 2003, but always stay at a less expensive place in the city until I find a flat. I am sitting in the garden now enjoying the view, the blue skies, the perfect temperature.

Today is a big festival day called Dasara.. I don’t know what it is all about, it’s my first time in Mysore in October. It should be fun.

1 comment:

Jay said...

Sounds so wonderful. Glad you got there safe sans your sunglasses and suitcase! Enjoy and keep us all posted on your adventures.