Monday, February 7, 2011

a thing of beauty.







The other day. A long time friend, inspiring person and beautiful woman, came over to my little flat and created a work of (temporary) art on my hands. Oh how I love henna(mehendi)!

She squeezed the black mud type paste in gorgeous designs and voila 2 hours later. My hands were decorated with her creativity.

Manjula is amazing! She told me, about one month ago she attended a wedding and had mehendi on her hands. And she got soooooooo excited about it, she decided she wanted to learn how. So, for the past month she's been working hard, using her spare time to learn this art. I am so impressed she only started doing this. It is not a simple thing, but as you can see, she has talent.

After the 'mud' dries, little flakes of it fall off, the henna has at that point (one to two) hours later absorbed into the skin and become a temporary natural tattoo, and changes to a reddish, orangish, brown color. Henna comes from a small tree. It is from the dried leaves, that the 'mud' is made.

Thank you Manjula! I love it. And I am sooooooo happy for you.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Manjula is Very talented..I knew that already, but had no idea how beautifully she does Mendhi~~WOW!
She can make some $$ with the yoga students doing this for sure! (when she has spare time that is!!)
Tell her that Tracy wants to have her do some when I see her again and how much I loved it!

blue nest photography said...

I love the henna- I expect a henna party when you get home! I want some!