Monday, January 31, 2011

Inspiration gap


Uh oh..It’s very strange, but somehow, I am not feeling inspired, here in India.

Steven and I had a talk a few months back about artistic inspiration and for me it comes from a few sources. One of them for me is travel

The excitement of new experiences and adventures uplifts my being into a space where I suddenly begin to create. This trip may be too familiar for me. I mean, I love it, don’t get me wrong. I love India and it’s people, but somehow, maybe I’m not having my normal emotional pull because, once again, I find myself in a familiar place, with familiar people, having familiar experiences.

I have been sitting in my room tonight thinking. Man, I just haven’t been blogging and usually being in India inspires me with so much material I don’t even know what to do with it.

Tomorrow, I know I shall have material. I am going on a long pilgrimage type walk with my girlfriend. We hope to walk from Gokulam, where we live in Mysore all the way up to Chamundi Hill, many miles away. It is going to be epic. And I am going to try to take photos of funny and unique things you only see in India.

So, wish us luck! I shall be back to let you know if we made it and how it went and hopefully full of stories and photos too.

Yesterday, I went to Bangalore to see the Dalai Lama and it was so amazing and wonderful to be in his presence and hear what he had to say for a couple of hours (from row 11 nonetheless)

3 comments:

Boodiba said...

Maybe during your next trip you could visit a part of India you haven't been yet?

karazi design said...

You are totally right Linda. I try to do that every time, but this time I came straight to Mysore and boom, back into the same things immediately. Soon, we will go on a motorbike trip to Kerala which will be a new and amazing experience.

Boodiba said...

Oooh fun!!!! Ya I'm nor sure I'm going back to india at all... I'd like to see Rolf again, but my life back here may not allow it. I'd also like to visit & travel through northern india, on a not for asana trip... Pony trek anyone? :)