Wednesday, August 18, 2010

A little bit of French movie making loveliness


One day, she ran off of the movie set to go into town to get a few things, like croissants, cookies and of course, facial spray...

There are several things I love about France, one of which is their value in esthetics, like flower arrangements, beautiful gardens, lovely furniture, dressing well, fine wine, and (hydrated skin?). I like pretty things and appreciate them, I like good food and appreciate it. It creates a sense of comfort and pleasure, which I think we all crave.

So, she came back from the store with our goodies and an aerosol spray can of water... for your face... it was Evian... It cost 5 Euro... At first I laughed. Of course, I think this is ridiculous, and a funny waste of water, but my French friends, hmphed and said, 'no no... it is very nice for your face'. None of them were surprised by this bottle, like it is an everyday thing, and as I took it around the set to spray on peoples faces they all closed their eyes and enjoyed the comfort of a cool light mist of water on their faces... And then, so did I..

No comments: