Sunday, July 25, 2010

sweet fat goodness


Can we talk about the butter? I mean really, the sweet slightly salty creamy smoothness of the French butter. Actually, I hadn’t tried it until this morning with breakfast. OMG, it’s so good and I’m not really a butter person. We just don’t use butter at our house, but I think, I may be eating a little more than I should while I am here.

We are staying at a chateau and they have meal times so, we don’t choose what we eat. Which is kind of fun, but the food is atypical French. It’s all vegetarian hippy type food and if you know me, you know that makes me happy, but I’d love to sink my teeth into a lovely brioche or another pain au lait, which I had the other day and almost had an orgasm. Seriously, the French know how to do pastries and bread and butter for that matter. We may have to sneak away and indulge in some sweet fat goodness.

Sorry no photos of the food, but here is the chateau!

1 comment:

Jessica Becker said...

Yes, sneak away and get pastries. As often as possible. You will not regret it. I think I've said this before?!??! Eat some for me, too.