Friday, July 30, 2010

The dinner scene!!


The dinner scene… Oh man. The dinner scene, this is where we started with the movie. Since I didn’t know anything about filming movies, I agreed to do the continuity for this movie. Um… Let’s just say, a dinner scene is DIFFICULT! Yes, DIFFICULT, is a good word. 3 days later we still have the same food, and its not smelling so good. We are not shooting in order and the table has to be set a certain way for each take; one take with food being eaten and then with food, but not eaten and then with no food and then again with food being eaten etc.. And the bread basket has to be in the same spot with the same bread. The person in charge of set design, does not always remember continuity. So suddenly we will be shooting and the cheese plate disappeared. Of course she didn’t tell me she put the fricking cheese plate in the fridge because she is French and can’t stand that the cheese on the cheese plate is sweating and sitting on the table. And of course I didn’t notice because I am also the clapper and the script supervisor and of course we can’t do the scene over because we are already way behind… oh la la

It’s so funny… Seriously, and I just keep cracking my shit up, because what else can I do? I love it…

No comments: