Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Byzantine Collection. Sneak a peek!



Somehow, this week is already to hump-day... How did that happen? I feel blessed to have a day free of meetings, appointments and schedules. Today is a make jewelry day. Yay! So many new and wonderful ideas brewing in my head. It will be fun to sit down and see if they work in the jewelry form.

The Byzantine Collection is coming along. Tell me what you think...Les Amis in Seattle will be the first store carrying this collection and I am really really excited about it. Available early next week.


necklaces with the handmade, gold plated pendants. Each necklace is handmade by myself and the (symbolic) pendants handmade by my friends the goldsmiths in The Grand Bazaar, Istanbul..


oxidized silver chain with beautiful and rare Byzantine symbol pendants.


and, of course, the cute earrings to match. gold plate, with oxidized silver.


As I sit and create today, I will be thinking about the inspiration Turkey gave me. I still can't get over how unexpectedly and pleasantly surprised I was by pretty much everything we saw. The beauty of that nation will stay with me for a long time. And I'm already trying to figure out how to get back as soon as possible!

No comments: