Monday, April 26, 2010

Badlands on crack!!

The cave is raining on me... raining little pieces of limestone.. I love it..

Cappadocia is like the Badlands, Bryce Canyon, Mesa Verde and Petra on steriods!! It is really quite unbelievable. We rented a motorbike and rode around yesterday, I couldn't stop taking pictures. Really it is quite inspiring.The combination of geology and ancient traditional living. It makes my heart go wild just thinking about ancient civilizations and what they accomplished and how they lived. Steven and I were in awe the whole day and I couldn't stop talking about it. He said he was feeling really inspired too..

We went to a place called Zelve yesterday, it was a living place until 1950 when the government decided it was too unsafe (because of erosion) to keep on livi, the people were moved to another location. It was a cave fantasy land of tunnels and monasteries and mosques and living quarters. One of my favorite things is the pigeon houses. the photo with the little squares carved out. There was a mill and all sorts of other amazing things.

Today we are going to explore an Huge (8 stories deep) underground city that was living thousands of years ago.. I can't wait...

No comments: