Monday, January 4, 2010

leaving the magic!!!






Sitting here in a little café, up high, looking at the top of a temple with Ganga Ma in the distance. It is our last day in Varanasi. On the move again, the night train to Bodh Gaya.

I’m getting into the groove now, feeling comfortable with the few things I have with me in my backpack. There is something comforting about having only the things I can carry on my back. The simplicity creates space in my mind, a calming effect.

I’ve been reconnecting with my neglected yoga practice here also, which feels so good. Waking every morning (early) to the sounds of prayers on the river. My body is feeling more calm too, less tense from the travel and the tenseness of my mind….

It’s been 10 years now, I’ve been coming to India and she still feels right.

Thank you Varanasi for your magical energy. Thank you Ganga Ma for your healing powers.

Until we meet again,
xoxo

1 comment:

Life.learning.sherab said...

Things in the pictures are so familiar -- you can never forget Varanasi and Ganga Ma once you are there!