Thursday, January 7, 2010

Bodh Gaya: Part 2






Day 3 of the teachings... day 3 of being in Bodh Gaya. The teachings are so fantastic. I feel so completely in my head and it feels really good. After the teachings today, I ran back to my hotel to get my camera to try to take a few photos. I was in the crowd of people again, just sitting there, feeling so at peace amongst everyone and the chaos. My mind was really quiet and I felt as if I had been in silence for days. It was interesting, a bit hard to explain. If you have been on retreat, maybe you know the feeling I am talking about.

My photos didn't really turn out. Yesterday I talked about how I was standing in the crowd feeling so alone as the world passed by. It's kind of how my photos are. I took them from that perspective, I was standing still, while people were walking by, not the best situation for photo taking, but here are a few.

I'm feeling really exhausted, the combination of the very philosophical teachings and being outside all day and being in India, makes this lady a very tired one.

goodnight..

photos 1 & 2 Bhutanese
photo 3 Incense shop
photo 4 petrol station (i'm not kidding)
photo 5 Tibetan monk giving food to a an Indian begger

1 comment:

Tracy said...

the last phot brought tears to my eyes..
as i have traveled for 5 weeks with a tibetan monk, and they do give so much of what they have..