Saturday, January 3, 2009

you take full rest




I have been running around like crazy since I arrived and keep telling myself to slow down and find a rythmn, a healthy pace, but alas I continue to go go go. It's fun and I know at some point I will have to "take full rest" as they say here.

I've had two days at Kumar's shop both with very little work, we have been talking about work and making a plan. We decided to officially start our work on Monday. This is good, it gives me time to sit down and figure everything out, and finalize designs. I always wait until I get here to finalize my design ideas, inevitably the energy and spirit of India inspires me to make some changes. This is good and I am very happy about it...

Some ideas I am working on are some larger light weight hoop earrings with my set stones hanging. these will be reversible so we can wear them with the engraving in the front or the stone in the front. I think they will be very cool. Plus we are going to make some rings and more pendants and earrings of course.

I am also here in Mysore studying yoga. Tomorrow our yoga shala opens and I am so excited to start that part of my journey as well.

the photos are:
Chamundi Hill temple with brass Nandi (bull)
Indian sign (I love taking photos of these)
village man washing his bull in the river.

No comments: