Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Back from NYC







I had a wonderful trip to NYC. My friend and I walked all around Brooklyn and I found a few store prospects, which is fun. The weather, as you can see from the photos, was fabulous, sunny and coolish/warm. The photos from the top were taken at the NYU campus, a building in Harlen with the sun shining on the window, and the last 3 were taken on the upper west side of Manhattan near Central Park.

I don't know why I have been focusing so much on architecture in my photos lately, but I like the lines and the abrupt building sky transitions. As an artist, I pay attention to these things as well as the building design and colors and energy, they put off. Like for instance the incredible difference between the building on the NYU campus, tall very little detail and then a modern bright painting on the side, and the buildings on the Upper West side, intricate detail, brownstone, stairways, eleborate railings etc...$$$

Anyway, it all inspires me.. Plus, I got to see Madonna in concert (FINALLY). She totally rocked and inspired me too. Her artist bubble has not yet burst. She continues to explore, create, and entertain, like no other..

No comments: